Thursday, January 20, 2011

Poem

I performed the poem called " trees " by Jocey Keller . I was pretty nervous about the poem because it was a little bit hard to remember it and I was not sure how to pronounce the words and I did not want the whole class to laugh at me . But I was happy that i was not the last or the first one to go . I also was a little bit nervous because of my accent . It is so hard to loose an accent  and yeah I did not loose mine yet so fred is always lauging when I talk , but I got used to it .  It also made me more confidence that I am not the only residential student in our english class . After I finished saying my poem I think that I could have done better but it also could have been worst and my grade was ok , too. So everything ended up pretty good .

1 comment:

  1. Karina,

    Thank you for writing about your experience with reciting a poem in English. You point out the value of this exercise for language-learning purposes: you have to focus on pronunciation and vocabulary, and you learn new ways of saying things.

    Could you please add the text of your poem, so that people know what you did? Another note: The author is Joyce Kilmer.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete